North American Properties (NAP) has released an updated site plan and architectural renderings that reflect feedback received from local government and the community.
Changes to note:
- The seven-story residential apartment building on Gaines Street has been replaced with a row of four-story townhomes to better compliment the adjacent structures, which include the architecturally significant former county health unit, the Old City Waterworks building and the historic Caroline Brevard Grammar School.
- The upscale boutique hotel now faces Gadsden Street and features a large viewing deck overlooking the park.
- Materials for the multi-family and office buildings now better compliment surrounding downtown structures and feature brick facades to reflect a more traditional “Tallahassee” feel.
- The tree that was originally designated to be removed at the corner of Gaines and Calhoun Streets will now shade a newly incorporated urban pocket park.
- Uber/Lyft lanes have been incorporated for visitor convenience.
Construction on the Cascades Project remains set to begin late this summer, and the grand opening is still slated for late 2020.