NAP releases updated site plan based on community feedback
North American Properties (NAP) has released an updated site plan and architectural renderings that reflect feedback received from local government and the community.
Changes to note:
- The seven-story residential apartment building on Gaines Street has been replaced with a row of four-story townhomes to better compliment the adjacent structures, which include the architecturally significant former county health unit, the Old City Waterworks building and the historic Caroline Brevard Grammar School.
- The upscale boutique hotel now faces Gadsden Street and features a large viewing deck overlooking the park.
- Materials for the multi-family and office buildings now better compliment surrounding downtown structures and feature brick facades to reflect a more traditional “Tallahassee” feel.
- The tree that was originally designated to be removed at the corner of Gaines and Calhoun Streets will now shade a newly incorporated urban pocket park.
- Uber/Lyft lanes have been incorporated for visitor convenience.
Construction on the Cascades Project remains set to begin late this summer, and the grand opening is still slated for late 2020.